Update March 22 2020:
To protect staff and guests, our facility will be closed until further notice.
As the Novel COVID-19 virus reaches across the globe, we would like to take a moment to let you know about the following safety measures which are completed as part of our normal operations to ensure our guests and staff can enjoy a safe, stress-free, visit to our mountain-top facility, especially given the current environment.
- All contact surfaces in our cabins are sanitized with an alcohol based cleaning solution between guest visits
- Heat is turned off in the cabins between visits, allowing the temperature to currently go below freezing, creating an environment where bugs cannot survive
- All contact surfaces in our main lodge, including door knobs, facets, table surfaces, arm chairs, glasses, dishes, cutlery and washrooms are sanitized. We will be increasing the intervals of sanitization during this time.
- There are 6 hand washing stations available in the main lodge
- We will be providing hand and surface sanitizer, paper towel and face tissues in the cabins to help you keep surfaces sterile in your cabin.
We are located in a remote area and service small groups of people, making our establishment a low risk location for coming in contact with COVID-19, however, we want to assure you that we take our role in limiting transmission of viruses and germs seriously. We ask you to help us in this effort by washing your hands frequently during your stay, sneezing and coughing into a tissue or your elbow, and staying home if you have flu-like symptoms. Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to cancel a reservation.
Symptoms for COVID-19 have included:
- difficulty breathing
- pneumonia in both lungs
We look forward to welcoming you to our facility and hope you will feel confident staying with us, knowing we are always proactively working to maintain a clean, healthy, stress-free environment where you can relax and enjoy the great outdoors in the Cape Breton Highlands.
We will continue to update this webpage, as we respond to health and safety recommendations for preventing the spread of this virus.